Thursday, August 2, 2007

My life as you may not know it

A couple of months back, I consider myself one of the luckiest person alive. I had everything... everything that I've really wanted. I was 99% complete. I graduated with a degree in a good university. I got my dream job in a marketing research firm as part of the project management team. I was enjoying life in Metro Manila. I was fast adapting to the environment. I had a girlfriend. I appreciated the true worth of my family. And for the first time, my life had a direction.

But I was only 99% complete. I can't come to comprehend what was missing. I searched deep inside me for that 1%. I became very uncomfartable. Something inside me was telling me that this is not it. This is not my supposed life. With that realization, my life fell apart. i became discontented with my job. I was trying to convince myself to go back to Iloilo because it is where I belong. And so I did... I left my supposed dream job after only 6 months. I left the city which I became so fascinated with and went back to the city I lived in almost my entire life. I left my friends there. But I was still convinced to find that 1% I've been searching for all this time.
I arrived back in Iloilo. Without a job, without any form of savings, without direction... only that question in my mind, "Where do i find that 1% to complete me?" I started from there. I made plans.... broke 'em. Built them again. But in the process, I lost everything. I knew that if I had to find that true hapiness, I am bound to lose everything first. At some point I had no career, no job, no money, no love... I only have myself.

But I was made a winner. I could not simply give up with my life. I started looking for a job. Still... no job offers. Just one of those unpleasant phases in my life. I even had one application that brought me to Cebu. It didn't work out though.

I was convinced not to waste my time and so i thought about going to law school. Giving up my hopes in a career in marketing. I searched for the answer. I got it. I got into law school. Then, I got a job offer. I'm feeling lucky now... but still incomplete. Though it is a good start. I'm starting to build my life from scratch again. And I'm happy. I'm loving the challenge in law school... and I love the working environment in my office.

Now, I found a new LOVE. I'm starting to feel complete. Is she the one I've been looking for all this time? ***

No comments: