Monday, August 6, 2007

Inherent to me and to you too

It is my inherent right to express my opinion in any forum I want so long as I don't state any defamatory or libelous comments to a certain individual. I also have the right to privacy. Though my profile in any social site is for public viewing, I still reserve the right to consider it as a private property. Blogs and other accounts also form part of my private space that no individual can simply invade for any private or corporate purpose. These are my rights...

Therefore, can you simply invade these rights? No matter how good you are in hacking or investigating links though in good faith, you are no good as to those who make malicious programs for their own individual purpose. I'm saying these because we all need to put a clear line between what is ethical or not. The web is not a medium that really advocates ethics. Though that may be the case, we should take that into consideration... to have even the littlest integrity for ourselves.

With the power given to us in the form of the web, we should always remember the rights I have stated earlier. It is our responsibility to uphold it. Not only for the benefit of the opinionated bloggers out there, but for ourselves too. What we do in the web speaks about what we do in the real world...

So goodluck to us! Again, this is my own personal space. Read it if you want. But I reserve my right to opinion and my privacy. My rights end when yours begin... But I won't go that far. ***

No comments: